How to Form a Registered Cooperative Society
- Get or bring together a minimum of 15 people to agree to form a cooperative. Choose a name for the cooperative and nominate 3 trustees (President, Secretary and Treasurer).
- Write a letter of inauguration to the Department of Cooperative in your state stating the date, time and venue of inauguration.
- Pick up the registration form.
- Make all appropriate payments particularly the registration fee and the training fee for your three trustees.
- On the day of inauguration, submit the duly completed form with evidence of payment.
- Buy the statutory books of record.
- Trustees should attend the training on the scheduled date.
- Collect the Certificate of Registration for your cooperative society.